Birds in the Air

I thought that I had already blogged about this top, but I was looking through my photos on Flickr, and realized that I had sadly forgotten to.  So here goes!

Birds in the Air

Last year, I asked my bee mates in the Canadian Quilters group to make me this block. The tutorial for Birds of the Air is here. I ended up with 13 blocks, but I needed 24 blocks for the layout that I decided on, so rather than make 11 more blocks, I put it in a box for months and kind of forgot about it.

Birds in the Air

Around Christmas time, I was going through my multiple WIP boxes, and I found them. I made a decision to try and finish off some of my WIPs before I started any more major new projects. This was the first project I decided to tackle. It took me longer than expected to make 11 blocks, (which is probably why it got put in a box in the first place), but it was all definitely worth it when I got the top assembled.

Birds in the Air

For now, it’s moved to the next stage of WIP, which means it is sitting in my pile of unquilted tops. I think there’s only like 8 in that stack. That’s manageable, right? Now that I have my Juki (which needs a post in itself) I can actually start to tackle that stack.

Birds in the Air

In the meantime, I’ll rejoice in the small victories. These blocks are now a completed top. One stage further to actual completion!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Birds in the Air

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s