I’m not crazily active on Instagram, but I had been noticing all of the great destash sales going on over there lately. Well, it’s finally our turn! The #greatcanadianfabricdestash is happening tomorrow. Spread the word! I don’t know yet if I’m just buying or selling or both. I have got my eye open for some great low volume.
I’m applepiepatchwork on Instagram too, if you want to find me there.
I haven’t sewn a whole lot lately, but I have been plugging away on my Celtic Solstice. I’ve gotten nearly half the blocks done and have been stalled at this point for a bit. So often this happens to me, that I get nearly halfway on a big project and then loose momentum. I need to motivate myself somehow to get this done. Any ideas?
I really love how it looks, so that’s not the reason for lacking motivation. And I also really want to see how it looks completely finished. Do more people have that strange feeling, really wanting to see a project completed but lacking the desire to actually do the work to get it to the point where its done? I hope so, because then we can commiserate together.
Linking up to the Needle and Thread Network.
This month I had a bit of cross-over on some of my bees. Two new ones started up this month, but two others had January as their last month, so there was a bit of cross-over. So I had 6 people to make blocks for, in all. They have all been shipped now so they should be on their way to their intended destinations.
The Japanese X and + bee is actually wrapping up early. This bee has been a bit of a let-down, since so many people have dropped out and many others have just not sent their blocks out at all. The remaining mates decided to just make the blocks for those still waiting all at once and be done with it. I am one of those still waiting, so I didn’t have to make any for me, and made 3 sets for the others.
Next up is the Aenous group in the Simply Solids bee. Laura wanted a herringbone block done in jewel tones.
In Canadians Quilt, Jaclyn asked for any star block, done in aquas and pinks with a low volume background. I apparently have very little pink in my stash, but I found some that I hope is to her liking.
And finally, the Stash Bee. Courtney asked for these 9-patches, and I made her two since they were so quick and easy to put together.
And now I’m done for another month! Next month I should only have 2 blocks to make, which is an easy amount for me. I think 2 bees is right at my comfort level.
I made a conscious decision to not do any blogging during my Christmas holiday. Instead I wanted to enjoy the time I got to spend with the family that I don’t see very often. I didn’t even sew anything for two weeks! I never thought I would say this, but I had such a good time that I hardly noticed. Until I got home, and saw my poor, neglected machine in the corner, while I still had to unpack, do laundry, take the tree down, etc. But I sewed today, and it felt great!
I’m still working on Bonnie Hunter’s mystery, Celtic Solstice. I have steps 1-3 completed now, but I don’t have photos of step 3 yet.
I really love the completed quilt now that the mystery has been revealed, and it has given me renewed motivation to finish it up after my break. Between shoveling the sidewalk since it started snowing again, and making dinner and tucking little things in bed, I hope to make slow, but steady progress. Always onwards!