At the end of July, M-R of Quilt Matters put out a call for pattern testers for her new pattern, Falling for Stripes. I really like the pattern, so I volunteered, and was one of a chosen few. Yay! It went together very quickly, actually. I worked on it mostly in the evenings, and I think it took about 4 nights from cutting to having the top done.
It is not huge, about 46″ x 55″, I think. There is the option in this pattern to have a multi-coloured background, but with the stripe I chose to focus on, the wavy, wonky blocks needed some calming down, so I went with the one-colour background, and chose white.
I think Thing 1 was actually holding it up upside-down here, but it looks good that way too!
Here it is, right side up. I like the wonky-ness of it. I like structure and perfectly matching seams, so it was a little difficult for me to let go of that well ordered way of quilting. But I really like the result.
I don’t know if you can tell here, but I accidentally ended up using two different whites. There is a slightly warmer white around the smaller block, to the right and to the bottom. Oh well. That’s what happens when you sew at night under poor lighting conditions, I guess. I’ve decided it adds to the wonky-ness of the quilt and will not be changing it. I came to this decision because I don’t like unpicking seams. 🙂
I’m linking up to the Needle and Thread Network, as it’s Wednesday today.