I’ve been trying to find a way to get myself out of this non-sewing funk that I’ve been in. So the other day, I just decided to grab some fabric and start sewing. Since I recently organized all my scraps into bins sorted by colour, I grabbed one colour at a time, and dug out the strips that were in the bins. Then I just started sewing log cabins, cutting strips shorter if they were too long, and finding a different strip if it was too short.
This is what I ended up with. Once the blocks started to get large enough, I trimmed them down to 8.5″ I made red, orange, yellow, and green. I’m thinking I’ll do a rainbow log cabin quilt or something with them. I’ve seen those floating around blogland and I really like them. Or maybe I’ll make something else. At this point I am undecided.
I loved how quickly they went together. Not having to measure and cut strips and just using what I already had and making it work was very freeing. If the strips started to look a little skewed, I didn’t care and just kept on going. I didn’t have to worry about perfect seam allowances because I was trimming it up when I was done. And I feel a little rejuvenated about sewing, so maybe they accomplished what I was hoping they would and helped me out of my rut a little.
I’m linking this up to WIP Wednesday and the Needle and Thread Network. I haven’t done that in awhile, so I look forward to seeing what everyone else has been working on in the meantime.