Hat making time: round 2

After making a hat for Thing 1, Things 2 & 3 wanted one too.  I measured Thing 2’s head, and it was too big for the pattern, so his will take a little longer while I figure out how to resize the pattern to make one large enough for his head.  Thing 3’s head fit the large pattern, so I got started on hers right away.  It went very quickly, and once again, no photos were taken of the process.  Maybe the third time will be the charm?

Juliet hat 3

I made one side in the same fabric at the first hat, but in green instead of pink.  The other side is a frog/paisley print.

Juliet hat 1

She was a very willing model, and wore the hat for most of the afternoon. It was sunny when I made it, but it’s been raining since, so she hasn’t really had a chance to wear it for a more practical reason.  Though I don’t think practicality is really her primary reason for choosing to do things.

Juliet hat 2

She likes the frog side better, but I’m not sure which one I like better.  I like the way it turned out though, and how easy it was to put together.  There will probably be more hats like this in my future, especially if I can figure out how to resize  the pattern!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s