I tried to make some time this past week to do a little quilting every day. For the most part I was successful. There was one day where nothing got done, but 5 out of 6 days is pretty good. I don’t count Sunday because that day is usually quite busy with church, so I usually only sew on Sundays if I need to do some handstitching, since it’s more easy to put down at any given time.
Yesterday, I put the final stitches in my daughter’s little doll quilt. She has decided to call it The Lost Butterfly. There is a bit of a story behind this one. After we added the borders to the top, we discovered a little hole in the fabric near the seam. We didn’t have enough fabric left to redo that section of border, and it was too far from the seam to hide it inside. So we decided to cover the little hole with a ladybug. The ladybug became a butterfly because I had a piece of fabric that I could fussy cut a butterfly from, but I didn’t have any suitable ladybug fabric. The butterfly is lost because it is the only one on the quilt.
I took some pictures outside today after we got home from church. I didn’t want to waste any time since there were storm clouds rolling in and the sun was shining so beautifully at the time. The quilt finished at 21″ square. I don’t know what she wants to do for her next project yet, but she has a bright, creative mind, and I’m sure she’ll come up with something wonderful.